Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Struggling through Zetti

I've agreed to participate in a group tarot card project through Illustrated ATCs.
I'm excited about (and intimidated by) the 3 cards I need to make. You see Zetti is like a foreign language to me. I understand the basics and love seeing Zetti art, but for me to create something in that style that I find pleasing is a whole other matter.

My 3 cards are The Fool and The Five and Six of Cups.
I've created a couple of prototypes of The Fool to work my way through it all, and I've come up with aspects of each that I like and want to incorporate into the final product.







  • I like the face of whistling guy #2, I sorta like the donkey with chicken legs idea too though.
  • I really like the edge of cliff in #4 and like the sky and swirlie idea there too.
  • I like the pogo rolly thing in the last guy, and I like the sun, but I don't like his tummy hanging out like that. *sigh*

So far the 5 and 6 of cups are only at the pencil sketch stage. *double sigh*

No comments: