So far, there is the giraffe, cat, elephant, lamb, and monkey. The little monkey is dangling from the elephants trunk. Later I'll add the embroidery detail on the animals.So here it is. The clouds aren't on, that is only the pattern that I've cut. And there are still a few pins in the lamb.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Even if its only working on 1 little ATC or ACEO.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I took pictures of some jewelry to get it ready to put on Etsy. And I'm making gains on catching up on my art commitments. I've now finished all of the Famous Artists PAT for IllustratedATCs.com. Including a hostess card for Meran (the Eve card) for being such a fab hostess.
Friday, January 11, 2008
- Valentine package swap - need to send next week
- 2 altered needlecases - 1 done (due end of month)
- Famous Artists PAT - 3 done including hostess card, so 1 more needed (due end of month)
- 3 Zetti Tarot cards (the ones I'm sweating buckets over) - sketches made ( I have time here)
- fabric postcard - overdue, but I'm struggling with this one too, and she said she's ok. I have started it (but then I did 3 previous versions that I didn't like, so....)
- 2 8 x 11 paintings green - not due till June
I had to drop a art quilt swap I was in. I hated to, but the timing was killing me. It looks like it will be an ongoing thing, so I hope to pick up some spots after I have to finish that baby quilt I'm working on. But I gotta get that quilt done and that is what's stressing me. I only have 4 more months. So, once I get the due now stuff out of the way, then I can focus on the quilt and work on the tarot cards and green paintings here and there for a break from the quilt.
So, this weekend is the time I've alotted myself to get those first 3 caught up and hopefully the postcard too. Once those are done, then the heat is off.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I made quite a few this year, which is unusual for me. I usually try to keep them manageable, but I still end up only doing 1 or 2. So this year, DH and I made categories of resolutions and put at least 2 to 4 in each category.
So...for me and my creative endeavours these were my resolutions
- more bigger art
- less time playing on the computer at home (yes, this is related to art as the computer time digs into creativity time)
- take at least 1 artsy worskhop or mini course
- finish the baby quilt (before June)
So...today I will tidy up my creative space so that I can reasonably tackle my resolutions. Wish me luck. Oh.... and if I don't post for several days, I'm either lost among the clutter or the dust bunnies ate me.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I'm excited about (and intimidated by) the 3 cards I need to make. You see Zetti is like a foreign language to me. I understand the basics and love seeing Zetti art, but for me to create something in that style that I find pleasing is a whole other matter.
My 3 cards are The Fool and The Five and Six of Cups.
I've created a couple of prototypes of The Fool to work my way through it all, and I've come up with aspects of each that I like and want to incorporate into the final product.
- I like the face of whistling guy #2, I sorta like the donkey with chicken legs idea too though.
- I really like the edge of cliff in #4 and like the sky and swirlie idea there too.
- I like the pogo rolly thing in the last guy, and I like the sun, but I don't like his tummy hanging out like that. *sigh*
So far the 5 and 6 of cups are only at the pencil sketch stage. *double sigh*
Monday, January 7, 2008
So how do you start exercising creativity?
Not really sure, but to start, I bought and were given a few art journals. I never got into them before and am always amazed when I see other people's journals exploding with creativity. I think getting used to carrying one around and using it for ideas and doodles or whatever might help with my creative issues. Also, if I carry a journal with me while we travel, I can sketch and paint on the road. I bought this little watercolor field kit and just adore it. It's so handy and I love the quality of the paint.
So, here's the plan. One journal for at work, a teensy one in my purse, and another one or two laying around the house.
Ok, I'll start with why I need this.
To get motivated, to get me off my butt, to help my creative process. And I'll be honest, maybe a little tooting of my own horn a bit too. It doesn't matter if NO ONE reads it. By posting, I'm hoping I can work through some of my creative issues. Like inspiration and allowing my art to grow.
This blog is really for me, but you're welcome to come along for the ride.