Thursday, September 10, 2009
The artists in the group were
(1) my entry pages
(2) Bex (3) Wendy (4) alteredmommy
(5) adriayna (6) eggstudio (7) arteeztmom
Isn't it gorgeous?!?
So I set up my portable easel on the deck and tried some plein air painting. OK, so I wrecked a couple of canvasses. It still felt awesome. And its all about learning right?
Monday, July 13, 2009
I'm almost done with the journey of the moleys. I've just finished this one and there is only one more to do for this group. Note that I've already signed up for a new one! But it won't start until Sept, so I'll have a short break anyway.
The theme of this moley was "Sea", so I incorporated a scene from a trip to the Washington State/Oregon coast in one section and added a cutaway underwater scene featuring 2 seahorses.
I find water difficult to do. I'm relatively pleased with the resulting watery effect, but hopefully with practice I'll get much better. I've also been experimenting with Prismacolor markers (and a few other brands too), so thought I'd try using markers as my base layer (I usually use watercolour) and then do the inking on top.
I've also noticed previously that some markers made my pencil outline messy, so after I put down my pencil outline, I used a 10% grey color to outline over that, then went back and erased all the pencil that I could. It worked quite well.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
I've been playing with image transfers off and on so thought I'd incorporate a few here too. So the photo of the cottage that hubby and I built and the puppy is using gel medium image transfer. The puppy transfer is from an ATC of watercolor and pen that I made earlier in the year.
The background and other oval images are watercolor and ink. The original intent with the background was to use circles to represent family. I come from a large family, so there were to be lots of circles. Somehow in the process circles morphed into ovals as the shapes seemed to work better. But when I was painting the background they started to look like jelly beans so I went with that. Ironically jelly beans have a meaning for me too.
Bill and I usually take Jelly Belly jelly beans with us when we go camping and we have a few around the campfire. So...jelly beans they are. But family they are too. Lots of flavors. So the double meaning works. Silly, I know, but hey....
The other ovals are the types of things that I love. Birds, animals, nature in general.
The moley I'm working on now is on the theme "Sea". I've sketched and erased so many ideas. But now I've settled on one. But you'll have to wait for that one.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
I'd post a WIP, but I honestly don't want to scare anyone. All my works look horrid at first.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Anyway, I finally finished working in arteeztmom's moleskin journal. The theme was "Happiness is..."
So here it is:
Next I work on Bex's and its theme is "A bit about myself"I've started jotting down things and have just started sketching ideas. So far, nothing has really jumped out at me as to how I'll proceed.
I'm actually enjoying working in these. I think its helped me break through a bit. Even stopped by a book store to see if they had Moleskins. They do, the full assortment, but minus the Japanese accordian book. Sheesh. He did say they'd order it for me if I want. I may try one of the watercolor journals next tho. Its a nice size to carry around.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Recently I arranged a trade with someone. She saw a naughty CarelessBear card that I did and wanted it, so in exchange I asked if you would do "me" in her fun style. I provided a recent pic and she ran with it.
Here's her card of me. (Look Ma! No wrinkles!)
Anyway, I was so delighted with it that I started a PAT style swap on ATCsforall.com. There were groups of 4 and each person would submit a photo or 2 for people to work off of. The results have been funny and fun and enough to bring tears to your eyes at times.
Here are 2 that I did. I've started on the 3rd and will post it when its completed.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
These little journal books are great for mailing around. They're sturdy and lightweight, so even postage to Holland only costs $3 something to mail.
My journal theme is "Feathers, Fins and Feelers". I'll post pics of it as I get them.
I'm finding this project to be really invigorating!! At first I was intimidated about painting and drawing in someone else's journal. What if I wreck it! What if I spill something on it? What if? What if? What if?
But I had to get past that. I've completed my first 4 pages which were for Dana's journal.
Her theme was "The Elements" as in the classical Greek elements. So adding a little bit of me to the mix, this is what I came up with.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
It sorta feels like grade school. A game of tag, and now I'm it. Well, a fellow has noticed that I hadn't updated in awhile, so my assignment is to share six random things about myself with all my dear readers. Here goes:
- I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to our society taking our planet for granted. Just a bit. Not a total crunchy granola, but I sure do wish people would make more effort to do their part.
- I hate to exercise, but I'd rather do that than give up eating, so I force myself to get to the gym.
- I seem to be intolerant of enriched white flours. Not technically allergic to it, but it does nasty things to my digestive system and you don't want to be around me if I eat too much of it. Yes....that includes cakes, pies, cookies and all those other yummy things. Poor me! You've been warned. If you see me eating such items, run. You'd think I'd be skinny, but I'm not. Because.........
- I love nachos. Corn tortillas, covered in cheese and piled with onions, peppers, and olives. Oh.... and a dollop of guacamole and some sour cream. OK, a BIG dollop of guacamole. Yes, I love good Mexican food and Thai and Cambodian and Chinese food, and....
- I wish I could cook better. I actually enjoy cooking, but I'm not really all that good at it. I'm adequate, just not "good".
- I love to travel and explore new places. I don't care if I have to take unpaid time off work to do it. I'm gonna travel, cuz you never know what tomorrow will bring. So, I'm gonna enjoy today, enjoy my kids, my grandkids, my husband and I'm gonna travel.
And my 6 to be tagged are
1. LINK TO THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU
2. POST THE RULES ON YOUR BLOG
3. WRITE SIX RANDOM THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
4. TAG SIX PEOPLE AT THE END OF YOUR POST AND LINK TO THEM
5. LET EACH PERSON KNOW THEY ARE TAGGED AND LEAVE A COMMENT ON THEIR BLOG
6.LET THE TAGGER KNOW WHEN YOUR ENTRY IS UP
7. DON’T BREAK THE CHAIN