Saturday, January 19, 2008

Something artsy each day....


I'm trying to squeeze something artsy in each day. Even if its only
tidying up my area (yes, I did get it done).
Even if its only working on 1 little ATC or ACEO.
So far, so good.
I altered a couple of needlecases that I had due and worked on a fun swap for the ATCards site. Theme was "We're Canadian" so I had fun with Bob and Doug MacKenzie. What's more Canadian than beer, snowshoes and touques? Anyway, it was all in fun.

There is a Frida Kahlo swap that I tried to stay away from, but it keeps calling me back so I thought I'd tackle one or two and see.
I saw the movie about her life years ago and have been interested in her ever since. This is the first time I've tackled Frida. Her bold, lusty style is sooo different than my own.

For my first card, I decided I wanted to combine Frida with the sexual fruit she was so fond of painting. So I adapted her Sun and Life painting to include her. I titled it "Diego Forgets".
Also worked on the baby quilt some more.







No comments: