Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Progress on the quilt

Progress on the quilt is slow but sure.

I've had the background done for awhile. It's really just sky and water, so was easy. Onto that I've appliqued a rainbow and Noah's arc and am adding the animals now. Each day I'm trying to get at least one more animal on.
Originally I was thinking of having more animals along the outside border. I'm beginning to think that might make it too busy. Will have to decide soon though. Here is my original pencil sketch, I quite like its simplicity.

So far, there is the giraffe, cat, elephant, lamb, and monkey. The little monkey is dangling from the elephants trunk. Later I'll add the embroidery detail on the animals.

So here it is. The clouds aren't on, that is only the pattern that I've cut. And there are still a few pins in the lamb.

1 comment:

Mixing-Katie said...

Looks like this quilt will be great! Will check back to see more photos.